The lecture will be divided in two parts:
- During the first part, we will learn to use SEAScope, explore different types of remote sensing data and their synergies. Instructions can be found here .
- During the second part, we will interact with SEAScope using python jupyter notebooks:
- The first notebook will show the interaction between wave and current, we will derive the swell refraction using GlobCurrent current and compare it with Sentinel-1 and Sentinel-2 observation of waves.
- The second notebook will compute a virtual drifter trajectory using GlobCurrent current, we will compare our results with data from in-situ drifters.
- In the third one we will see how to explore waves using Sentinel-2 High Resolution optical sensor.
More examples of notebooks about the derivation of currents using altimetry or wind are available. You can find instructions here .